Saturday, April 28, 2012

Birthdays

My second oldest is 14 today. Life is going way too fast. I know that she will be driving before I know it. What to do, what to do, what to do? "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship." (Romans 12:1). My daughter, while she is still with me, is my responsibility. God has given me this life, and new life in Jesus Christ, in order to NOT use it for myself. My prayer this day is that my 14-year old will know that my life is pleasing to God when I give it away to others, especially my family. As I aim to spend my life wisely, my family must receive the main investment. Birthdays - a celebration of God's unique creation as well as a looking ahead to all that He has for us to do and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment