Monday, April 30, 2012

Conversation with a teenager

One of my favorite things, EVER, happened just a little while ago. After a wonderful day off where I spent time listening and talking to God, interacting with students in the community, and being with my family, my oldest daughter (16.5 yrs old) asked me a question.

I won't tell you the question, but I will tell you what it led to. It all started this morning, when that same daughter pointed out a verse she memorized that I happened to be reading to the family during breakfast: Psalm 138:8 says, "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands." We ended up talking, tonight, about how God never calls any Christian to a "good enough" life. Think about that verse . . . we have our perfect Creator of the universe who has a purpose for each of us. His love will never leave us and it will never fade away.

 From these two truths we know that a perfect Creator would never leave the work of His hands (us) high and dry? The only way that His purpose for us does not come about is when we go our own way (Isaiah 53:6) and reject the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ (John 3:36). Therefore, if you are a follower of Jesus Christ, never SETTLE, but pursue Him passionately. Obey God and trust Him with the results. I love teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment