Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You just never know.

I know that no one ever knows exactly how a certain day will go. Yet, there are some days that are mapped out in such a way that we pretty much know what to expect. Today was a definite reminder of how we have absolutely no control over our days, no matter how well planned they are. I had a call to see someone in the hospital I had never met, we cut baseball practice short due to a downpour and a bit of thunder, we had a tornado warning, and I had a chance to help a couple through some difficulty. All of this was AFTER 1:30pm. According to James 4:13,14 we don't even know what will happen tomorrow. In fact, we are described as only a mist, here one moment and gone the next. Why would we even start to think that we have a say in our eternal destiny if we don't have a clue about tomorrow? It ought to bring us even closer to the cross of Christ and bring us to our knees saying, "Lord, without Jesus I would be lost. I would have no chance beyond this life because I am a sinner and I don't deserve You. Draw me to yourself for I accept your sacrifice on the cross as my own. I love you. Thank you for loving me first." Then, when we do finally trust Him with our eternal life, why don't we put our very days in His hands as well. He is in charge, only He can give Satan any kind of permission to touch His people, and His love, power, and justice would beautifully together in the midst of this unfair, unforgiving, and belittling world. Trust in Him, for you truly never know what's coming up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment