Sunday, May 6, 2012

Prayer of an imperfect person

Dear Lord, Why am I even able to address you? You are perfect and I am far from it. Thank you for making this possible through the sacrifice of your Son, Jesus Christ. He lived a perfect life and died in my place, so that I wouldn't have to die for my own sins. Thank you for accepting me as your child when I accepted this sacrifice, personally, as my own. THIS is how I can talk to you, and I am forever grateful. Yet, I am still imperfect and struggle with many selfish thoughts day in and day out. I know that you understand this and I know that you're right there with me when I confess my shortcomings and seek to grow. I know that you are most concerned with the condition of my heart. So, as I confess to you today that my heart longs for doing the right thing and that I am in great need of your help, I welcome your peace. Your peace that passes all understanding must overwhelm me much more quickly than my circumstances or sinful defaults do. Overwhelm me, Lord. Change me, Lord. Use me, Lord. I love you, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment