Monday, May 21, 2012

What will they find?

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. (I Peter 5:8) For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. (2 Chronicles 16:9) Sure, the devil and the Lord are both searching out hearts, but that's where the similarity ends. The devil is not present everywhere (though his demons are spread out all over), whereas God searches hearts constantly through his ever-present nature. Also, the intentions of each are completely opposite - one seeks to devour and destroy while the other seeks to strengthen and support. It's a little discouraging to know that they find as we look over the condition of our world today. Yet, the main thing that we ought to be concerned about is where OUR hearts are. PRAYER: "Lord, I now know why you are after my heart. You know that where my heart is, that is where I will go - either in the path of the devil, who looks for the faithless, proud, and ignorant, or in Your path, as you look for humility, alertness, and commitment to You. May You find in me a heart that is devoted to You and that, more and more each day, obeys Your wishes and loves your Word. Turn my heart, Lord, away from those things that make me wander. Keep me, Lord, from the pride that keeps me focused on my own needs. Give to me, Lord, the joy that can only come from serving You wholeheartedly and loving others unconditionally. Find in me a willing heart, ready to be molded by You and You alone. In Jesus name I pray these things, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment